Saturday, January 28, 2012

Plant Based Diet Organic is Best for Max Health

Health Transformation on a Plant Based Diet Organic is Best

Michele’s doctor said she had never seen anything so dramatic.

January 27, 2012

I am a 40 year old, mother of 2 sweet little girls. I have always been on the healthy side of eating, or so I thought! I watched the Forks Over Knives movie and it changed me in an instant. I have shopped at Whole Foods for several years, so I thought I was eating healthy with chicken, fish and dairy. I then had my check up and routine blood work at my Md’s office. I was shocked when received the results. My triglycerides were off the chart at 427, cholesterol was 175 and my cardiac risk was a 6 (which is knocking at the door for heart disease and hypertension). My bone density was a level 26 (knocking on the door of osteoporosis) and my blood pressure was 130/85. I had been walking 2-3 miles a day, but still kept gaining weight. So, I decided that if I wanted to be around to meet my grandchildren, I had better make some drastic changes.
I jumped in feet first and eliminated ALL dairy, eggs and meat. I spent hours over at Whole Foods talking to the Vegan folks! They were so very helpful by giving me tips and suggestions. They had recommended to start with being vegetarian. I am the type of person that when I do something, I am all in. I decided this was the lifestyle that was right for me.
I had my last bite of meat, dairy and eggs on September 23, 2011. I went back to the MD for a repeat blood panel. My physician, Colleen Walker, said she had never seen anything so dramatic! My triglycerides were 171, cholesterol was 131, blood pressure was 110/76, and my bone density went up to 37!!!!! And my my cardiac risk went down to a 4 (very low risk). Oh, and I lost 18 pounds! I felt like a little child at Christmas when I left her office! This was all in a period of less than 4 months!
I have to say this probably the easiest change that I have ever made. I have people ask me where do I get my protein, what about calcium, etc. I recite my blood results and share with them what I eat. I am not sure that everyone believes me! I am so excited about my future and to hopefully spread the word to whoever will listen! The folks at Engine 2, Whole Foods, The Fat Free Vegan Kitchen, and many others have saved my life!! I am perfectly happy with eating an ALL plant based diet. I do not miss the other choices. My eyes are WIDE OPEN now, and I think I like it!!!

-Michele


We are so glad your eyes are wide open Michele! Not just for you, but for your beautiful daughters!

No comments:

Post a Comment